In the last couple of weeks since FOSDEM 2013, Jfokus 2013 and, events and hackdays organised by LJC JUG members, we have had a lots of exciting news and resources to share with you. The source of the information have been mailing lists / forums, meetup events, twitter and other sources.
Plenty were spoken about #java, #jsr and #openjdk, the topics covered by the #adoptajar and #adoptopenjdk programs.
- The OpenJDK and JSR topics get good coverage at FOSDEM 2013! JUG members participating!
- FOSDEM 2013 Lightening talk videos
- Monday at Jfokus 2013: Tutorials and Hands-On Labs
- Tuesday at Jfokus 2013: Intro, a New Java Champion, Jfokus Embedded Launch, Keynotes, Technical Sessions, Buffet, and BOFs
- Wednesday at Jfokus 2013: Then Was Then, Now Is Now, It’s Time to Be Smart (Jonas Bonér and the Final Jfokus Embedded Sessions)
- Video & archive for 2013 to feature soon !
@steveonjava – Nighthacking!
Watch all the recordings of Steve’s Nighthacking from FOSDEM 2013 through to Jfokus 2013!
LJC events & hackdays
Garbage collection – The useful parts
WebSocket & JSON Hack Day (covering implementation for JSR 356 & JSR 353)
- Meetup event
- Recorded presentation
- Github (JSR-353-JSON artefact: https://github.com/Adopt-a-JSR/JSR-353-JSON; JSR-356-WebSocketAPI to follow soon!)
- David’s github link: https://github.com/davidillsley/json-workshop
- JSR-353 (JSON): http://glassfish.java.net/adoptajsr/jsr353.html (http://json-processing-spec.java.net/)
- JSR-356 (Websocket): http://glassfish.java.net/adoptajsr/jsr356.html (http://websocket-spec.java.net/)
Bring your Performance Problems Panel
@adoptajsr news feed
- Plenty of updates on polls, JSRs, presentations, github projects, etc… were discussed on twitter.
– WebSocket & JSON Hack Day (covering implementation for JSR 356 & JSR 353) – see above!
– Suggestion to extend / improve the Java API – Thanks Hildeberto Mendonça for coming forward to contribute!
– Modernize Connector/MDB — Vote and comment – Thanks Richard Kolb for support such initiatives!
– CDI 1.1 applications you can work with – Thanks Luigi for the contribution!
@adoptopenjdk news feed
- Updates on latest changes and developments in the OpenJDK world that were discussed amongs members on twitter.
– Potential plans to deprecate SPARC V8 support in HotSpot!
– StringBuffer to StringBuilder again – discussions rekindled!
Upcoming events and meetings